As early as April of this year, we were already looking for a dress maker from Divisoria who could make my gown and the female entourage attire within the budget we have set. I've been inquiring at bridal shops in the small halls of YUTC in Ilaya and of Cluster Building, both in Divisoria. At that time I have not thought of having my gown made by designers as our wedding has to stay on budget and could not go beyond what we have set. I was quite worried, though, that most of the shops I've inquired from doesn't seem to get the style and effect I wanted for my bridal gown.
We have initially booked a divisoria mananahi who was recommended by a male officemate of mine who's also getting married next year. Our measurement taking was initially set on July 10, 2010 to coincide with my mom's trip here in Manila.
When I joined w@w, I've learned that I can still have my gown made by a designer even with the budget we have set. So I tried consulting with different designers, namely, Carmen Lazaro Couture, Sheah Designs and Concha Espana, all of whom gave me almost similar price quotations that are still within our budget. Who I chose as my designer among the three is another story to tell. Anyway, after my consultation with the designers, I was already convinced to have my gown made by a designer, and the entourage attire made by the Divisoria dressmaker we booked. Everything was already in order and going according to plan, until the measurement day disaster (please see older post) happened, which forced us back to square one. Now, I'm trying to find another dressmaker and it was more stressful than before, as we are more doubtful than before...
On the positive note, though, our present hunt for a divisoria mananahi pushed me to finally decide the dress designs and materials for the entourage.
I just want to share it here...
For the Bridesmaids and Matron of Honor
My Bridesmaids will be wearing a Fuchsia Pink version of this dress. No beads, because they will be wearing it together with the DIY accessories I am making. No motif combinations for this dress because I want it to be wearable even after they used it for our wedding.

My only sister who will be my Matron of Honor, will also be wearing the same style of dress in long gown version, but instead of Fuchsia Pink, hers will be in Light Pink. She too will wear it together with the DIY accessories I am making.
For the Flower Girls
We have three flower girls because I have three nieces from my sister. The Eldest one, will be wearing this cocktail dress in Light Pink with Fuchsia Pink as accent color for the hem and belt. She too will wear the DIY accessories I am making for them.

My two younger nieces will wear this dress in Light Pink with Fuchsia Pink as accent color for the belt. They will also wear accessories made by me.

For the Mothers
The Mother of the Bride will be wearing a modified version this Chiffon long gown in Cream or Mocha. Hers will have draped chiffon sleeves with some scattered beading on the upper part of the bodice.

The Mother of the Groom will be wearing this gown in chiffon fabric, in Cream or Mocha. Her bodice will either have lace or scattered beading.

As of now, though, we have not yet decided where to have the entourage attire made... the search continues...
No comments:
Post a Comment