Lucky to be in love with my bestfriend...



January 14, 2011 marked a new chapter in our lives. We're no longer two bodies but one...

It was a joyous event shared with family, friends and suppliers. We are thankful to everyone who made that day possible and special. Thank you all for sharing with us that special day.

Please feel free to browse our blog and reminisce with us the moments leading to that memorable day.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Bridal Gown


Originally I have not thought of hiring a designer to make my bridal gown. Primarily because my notion is that i'll be spending more than 50 thousand just on my dress if I go for a designer. After joining WeddingsAtWork, I realized I can still have the designer gown I've always dreamed of, and still stay on our budget. An officemate of mine who's getting married on December recommended Concha Espana, who would be doing her entourage gowns. So I tried to ask a quotation from Concha thru email. Since I don't have a soft copy of my inspiration gown, I just described the gown for her in words, and she responded a few days after with the quotation complete with options of materials to be used. I was really happy with how she answered my inquiry as it appears that she understood what the gown would look like even without seeing it. Unfortunately, when it comes to meeting her personally, our schedules always didn't match.

Meanwhile, I accidentally came across the name Carmen Lazaro Couture while reading messages in the w@w e-group. I visited their website and contacted them even though it was already late night. Fortunately, Von Lazaro was still up and answered my inquiries. The next day, I found my way to their shop in Vito Cruz to ask for a quotation on my gown. I found Von very warm and friendly. When he saw the picture of my inspiration gown, he suggested some modifications and asked his assistant Gary to make the gown sketches. When I saw the sketches, I love it, even with the modifications that Von made. I told myself "I could definitely wear this gown". But then, something inside me says that I am not yet ready to book him for my bridal gown. The design was really nice, but the price was quite higher than the budget I have set for my gown alone. I then found myself torn between two choices, Von Lazaro of Carmen Lazaro Couture whose shop is near me, or Concha Espana who I haven't met yet personally and whose shop is located in Fairview, very far from me. I was starting to get confused again at this point and started thinking that maybe having a designer gown was not meant for me.

Then, my w@w sis janice suggested that I should ask also for quotation from Sheah Designs, another designer known to w@wies. So one rainy morning, janice and her fiance accompanied me to Sheah's shop in katipunan. We arrived late for our appointment but Sheah was still very warm and friendly. She was also good in suggesting and choosing fabrics and materials for my gown. She also made a sketch of the gown I want and I'm also happy with her design, not to mention that the price she quoted for my gown was within the budget I've set. At this point, I really don't know who to choose.

At one point, I wanted to remove Concha from the choices because her shop was so far from where I live and work, but I immediately realized that to do so would be unfair to her since I have not given her the chance to meet me personally. And so, for the "Nth" time, I've set an appointment with Concha. We met at Starbucks ABS-CBN. I immediately felt at ease with her, and even more at ease when we started discussing the details of my wedding gown. I also felt that she truly understands what I wanted for my wedding gown. There was even a point during our conversation that I realized we were thinking of the same thing. The price she quoted for my gown was also within my budget, plus I like the materials she mentioned that she will use for my gown. Our meeting was short, since I was late and she has another appointment, but I really felt happy after that. On my way back home, I was really happy and thankful I didn't remove Concha from the list of the designers I was considering. At this point, making the choice got even more harder... I have nothing but praises for all three designers that I have consulted. All really have superb craftsmanship in the gowns they make and good customer relations.

For several days, I kept thinking and weighting the pros and cons of each of the three designers, until finally it came clear to me, who I will choose. I chose Concha Espana. The reason for the choice is that she was the one with whom I felt more at ease. From our short meeting, I was able to feel the vibe that we were thinking similarly when it comes to the gown design that I want for my bridal gown. All other factors being equal among the designers, that feeling of being at ease and being able to be on the same understanding as the designer becomes really important. I'm really happy with my choice and I am confident that Concha will make me the gown I've always wanted to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment