Lucky to be in love with my bestfriend...



January 14, 2011 marked a new chapter in our lives. We're no longer two bodies but one...

It was a joyous event shared with family, friends and suppliers. We are thankful to everyone who made that day possible and special. Thank you all for sharing with us that special day.

Please feel free to browse our blog and reminisce with us the moments leading to that memorable day.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Measurements!


The past two weeks i've been busy with my work and my teaching schedule... hence, wedding preparations were a little bit slow...

Two saturdays ago, August 14, 2010, I went to my designer to have my measurements taken. Jeric accompanied me because Concha's house is quite far. However, with the help of a map that Concha sent me, we didn't have trouble finding her house. It was our first meeting after I confirmed to her through text only that I will be securing her service, so we did everything during that meeting... made modifications on the sketch she made for me, signed the contract, set the schedule of fittings, examined the materials she will use, paid the down-payment and had my measurements taken. I'm happy I had my measurement finally taken, at least now I can relax cause I know that my gown is being taken care of.

After our meeting with Concha, I was supposed to bring Jeric to Divisoria so he can see for himself the suits I was telling him about. I also plan to bring him to the factory outlet of Onesimus so we can canvass for suits. But while we where in the cab going to Trinoma to have lunch, we both decided, for convenience purposes, to just have his suit made by Onesimus although it is more expensive than the ones I saw in divisoria. We also agreed that the suits that our fathers will wear will likewise be bought from Onesimus. (Para iwas inconvenience na rin of bringing Jeric and our fathers to divisoria)

Last Saturday naman, August 21, 2010, my entourage measurements were taken by Ms. Joan of Kambal Bridal shop. My sister and here kids had their measurements taken at Robinson's Manila because they were in a hurry. Measurements of 3 of my Bridesmaids were taken at my house. Only 3 measurements are lacking, that of one of my friend who is outside the country right now, that of the groom's sister and that of the groom's mother.

During the measurement taking of my entourage, Ms. Joan also showed me one of the bridesmaid dresses that I requested her to finish ahead of the others. I then asked Ken, one of my bridesmaids who just had her measurement taken, to fit the dress and wear the accessories I made so I can see if it will match the dress. Fortunately, the accessories went well with the dress. I'm so happy! now all I have to do is finish the rest of the accessories!

With our measurements taken, I felt a little relieved. At least, we won't have to wear rags on our wedding day! hehe!


Here's the picture of my inspiration
for the Matron of honor and Bridesmaids Dresses




Here's my friend Ken wearing the sample dress made by Ms. Joan
together with the DIY Fascinator, earrings, bracelets and clutch bag
(clutch still looks unfinish because i havent finished working on it. hehe!
And the dress belongs to another bridesmaid
who is a little bigger than Ken. hehe!)



No comments:

Post a Comment