Lucky to be in love with my bestfriend...



January 14, 2011 marked a new chapter in our lives. We're no longer two bodies but one...

It was a joyous event shared with family, friends and suppliers. We are thankful to everyone who made that day possible and special. Thank you all for sharing with us that special day.

Please feel free to browse our blog and reminisce with us the moments leading to that memorable day.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Our Suppliers' Ratings

Ratings:  1 - Very poor
              2 - Poor
              3 - Satisfactory
              4 - Very Satisfactory
              5 - Excellent


Caterer - Avengoza Catering
Rating: 5 - Excellent

During Preps: We've never had a problem with them during our preps.  They were the first supplier we ever booked more than a year ago.  We came to know of them because of the wedding of my friends Shy and Ron who got married in Tagaytay January of 2009.  Jeric loved their food and and table set-up, that's why when we learned that their packages are very affordable, we placed them at the top of our list of caterers to consider.  We got Mr. Avengoza's number from Shy and Ron and arranged for a food tasting with them.  After considering the food and the package inclusions, Jeric and I decided to book with them as we are also trying to limit our wedding budget.  When we booked them, our AE was Mary Ann. She was nice courteous and really knows how to deal with customers. When we booked with them we already discussed some of the details that we wanted for our wedding and mary ann took note of everything we told her.  Mr. Avengoza even gave us a free dessert bar because Shy and Ron who referred us to him were his good friends.  After we booked with them, I have never called them again except when we requested for a change of the date of our reservation.  We contacted them again sometime October 2010 to schedule a meeting for final detailing. That was the time I learned that our AE Mary Ann was already assigned at their Tagaytay office.  Since everything that we told Mary Ann was written on their draft that was attached to our contract, I did not have any problem when I met the new AE Sharon for detailing.  Then on the last week of December, I texted Sharon to asked for a final detailing and she immediately scheduled us.  When we went to their office for the final detailing, we were informed that our AE Sharon resigned after the holidays, but informed them of the our scheduled detailing.  For the the second time and just two weeks before our wedding, we were transfered to another AE, but again we did not have any problem with that because she knew the details of our account based on the notes of the previous AEs.  I must say that Avengoza Catering was really professional in handling such matters.  There was no confusions even with our case because everything that we discussed with them through their AEs were all taken down and compiled and attached to our contract.
On Wedding Day: We loved everything! The food. The set-up. The way our AE Sheryn communicates with us.  The way they executed everything that we have asked for.  The food they served on our wedding tasted even better than when we had our final food tasting with them.  We asked some of our guests and our suppliers if they liked the food and they all said it was delicious.  And when they ask us back how much we spent for our caterer, they would always be surprised how much value we got for the money we paid.  Aside from the reception set-up, included also in our catering package were the cake, the bridal car, doves, wine for toasting, sounds and emcee.  We did not avail of their sounds and emcee freebie though, we exchanged it instead for 23 suppliers meals and 2 suppliers tables.  The cake design we chose was a simple one but we really loved it! The bridal car was a latest model of Toyota Camry and both Jeric and I loved it for its spacious interior and elegant exterior.  The wine also tasted good and Jeric was even asking for more even after he drank his glass.  We really have nothing bad to say about them not because they were perfect but because we saw how much effort they exerted to make our wedding a beautiful one.








2010 Toyota Camry


Reception Venue - Baluarte de San Diego, Intamuros, Manila
Rating: 4 - Very Satisfactory

During Preps: We chose this venue because it was very special to me and Jeric.  We were college classmates in PLM (which is just in front of Baluarte), and during our vacant period that time, we would hang-out at Baluarte de San Diego while we wait for our next class.  We spent a lot of times together (with other classmates) there when we were still studying, that's why it was the main non-negotiable for our wedding reception.  The place was even more beautiful now that the Intramuros Administration placed pavilions and more plants in the garden, that made it a really nice place for garden celebrations.  It also suited the theme of our wedding which is vintage.  The reason I did not give them a perfect rating is because of their stringent requirements and wishy-washy statements during preps.  The venue was also quite expensive compared to other garden venues around metro manila.  But then, it was our non-negotiable so we just tried to save on other wedding items.  
On Wedding Day:  There was a minor glitch on the morning of our wedding day. After breakfast, we received a text message from our tent supplier that they were already at the venue but the guard told them that tent set-up was not included on our permit. Jeric called Intramuros Admin right away, and the girl he talked to (Jane) said we did not mention that we will have tents.  This quite irritated me, because I went personally to their office each time I needed to submit something to them, and when I settled our accounts with them 2 weeks before the wedding, I mentioned several times that we will be having tents.  Fortunately, the issue was settled right away and our tents were allowed to be set-up on the venue. Other than that, everything else were fine. In fact the place was really breath taking, especially when night fell, and that overpowered the glitches that we've had with Intramuros Administration earlier that day.  It was spacious and has a lot of beautiful spots, that our guests enjoyed having their photo ops all over the place.  The moment Jeric and I arrived at the venue, we were really awed by its beauty and could not even describe how happy we felt that we chose this venue.  Even our photographers and videographers loved the beauty of the place, so much so that they took their time in taking our pictures and video.






Photographer - Flickerhappy Photography and Design Studio
Rating: 5 - Excellent

During Preps:  We learned about them while I was browsing the bridal resources found at the last few pages of the Martha Stewart Weddings Magazine.  They have a website indicated in their contact information so I visited it and fell immediately in-love with their shots.  I love their style.  There is some sense of journalism in their photography that I liked, and Jeric liked it too after I've shown it to him.  So we texted them and visited them at their studio, which is just a few minutes away from my house.  When we met the photographers Cris and Mige, we liked them immediately.   They were kind and very humble.  We were even surprised to know that they were still young.  We booked them about a week after that visit.  We had our prenup mid-October, and they were really open to our concept of having a vintage themed prenup inside our alma mater, PLM, and to include some shots that would be reminiscent of our college days.  We did almost 3 hours of photo shoot that day, but we never saw them getting tired of directing us and taking our pictures.  When we saw the pictures they've taken during our prenup, we were really happy with the outcome.  It did exude the vintage feel we were going for and at the same time showcased the beauty of our campus.  They were punctual and prompt. We did not have any problem asking them for the copies of the pictures, and they would always reply to our text messages.
On Wedding Day: They arrived about 30 minutes earlier than the call-time. The moment they arrived at the hotel they immediately started taking photos. I was still getting my make-up done then so they took pictures of the wedding details and my DIYs first.  They stayed with us for more than 12 hours.  I never saw them slack even for a minute. The only time I saw them stop was at lunch time when they were asked to eat lunch. Even after the reception and all the partying, when all our guests were gone, and the tents, chairs and tables were being folded, they still continued taking pictures of us. they really loved the placed and wanted us to pose some more. We were really impressed not only with their talent but also with their professionalism and passion for their craft.  A week after our wedding, we asked them for the copy of the raw pictures and they gave it to us as soon as possible.  When I reviewed the pictures of our wedding, I was really happy because they were able to cover everything... from the hotel preps to the reception.  They took pictures not only of us but also of our details, my DIYs, our table set-up, our venue and even stolen shots of our guests during the program.  They did a great job capturing the expressions of our guests, as well as ours.  We were really thankful that we got them as our photographers.  I won't say that they're the best compared to all the other established photographers that we often hear about, but as far as their talent, work ethics and our rapport with them are concerned, they were the best photographers for us.






Videographer - 30 Frames Per Second (30fps)
Rating: 4 - Very Satisfactory

During Preps: We learned of them sometime in 2009 when I attended a wedding expo at the PICC.  I was able to get hold of their cd, including cds from Jason Magbanua and Threelogy.  I already knew by then that we could not afford Jason Magbanua.  Threelogy  likewise has a quite steep rate.  So after watching the 3 cds and falling inlove with onsite videos, I likewise fell in-love with 30fps videos which are not too far behind the works of Jason or Threelogy. The fact that their rate is much lower than the other two suppliers, made me want them more as our videographer.  I inquired with them through email and they were prompt enough in answering my queries. I also checked their website regularly.  And when Jeric and I saw at their website the onsite video they made for an INC couple, we knew they'd do well for our wedding. We finally decided to book them at a wedding expo in PICC sometime February of 2010.  We met personally with Mr. Paul Macasaet there and we immediately liked him.  Sometime May 2010, we have decided to change our wedding date. We were really happy then that 30fps accommodated us even if I informed Mr. Paul Macasaet of the change of date only by phone and did not meet with him anymore.  They also would always answer my messages and queries whenever they can.
On Wedding Day:  On the day of our wedding, they were punctual. They arrived just a few minutes after our photographers arrived.  They immediately started filming.  Mr. Paul and Mrs. Caron Macasaet were both there at our wedding with two other videographers, so there were 4 of them filming our event.  At the church, since they've already experienced covering an INC wedding, they knew what to do and knows how strict the church is especially with the taking of photos and videos.  During the ceremony, I almost panicked because we were not given microphones by the pastor and I have told Mr. Paul at the hotel that there will be microphones for the vows part of the ceremony.  After the ceremony, Jeric told me that Mr. Paul gave him a wireless lapel that was tucked inside his tux.  I was relieved when I heard that and at the same time, amazed with their preparedness.  There was quite a wait before our onsite was shown, but when we finally saw it, we knew that the wait was really worth it.  They  were able to match the video with our personality and tell our story at the same time.  Not to mention that I sent Mr. paul the mp3 of the song for the video just a week before  the wedding and we did not even meet or talk about the flow of our onsite ever.  They were not perfect but they really did a great job at our wedding. Jeric and I were really thankful to them  for making our wedding even more special and memorable.  I would surely want to have the chance to work with them again in the future.






Also, here's the link to our Onsite Video by 30fps:  Jeric and Margareth Onsite Video


Emcee - Missy Ferrer-Litao
Rating: 5 - Excellent

Brief History:  Even before we decided to get married, we have attended a wedding hosted by Missy.  It was my highschool bestfriend's wedding way back in 2008, and it was the first wedding that Jeric and I attended as couple.  Jeric and I both liked how appropriately she spoke and how fluent she was.  Also during that wedding, Jeric and I were able to win the garter and the bouquet from the game that Missy concocted.  From that moment on, we knew we wanted her to be the emcee on our own wedding.
During preps:  We were not able to get her name during my bestfriend's wedding in 2008, so we searched for her and to make a long story short, we found her.  She gave me her rate and terms of payment thru email so when I meet her, I booked her immediately.  We had our first meeting with her for the program sometime November 2010 and we were really amazed of her organization of thought and her creative ideas and suggestions.  We were supposed to meet again on the last week of December or first week of January to finalize the program we already made, but I got so busy that I was the one who was not able to text her and make a schedule.  A week before our wedding she texted me because she was worried when she haven't heard from me since our last communication on December.  At that time, my schedule and her schedule would not meet so I told her that I'll just email her the things she needs.  Again, I was not able to do that.  So it was only on our wedding day that some parts of our program were finalized with the help of my friend shy who coordinated with Missy for the program while I was getting ready at the hotel.
On Wedding Day:   Even though it was only on that day that some parts of our program were finalized, there were no dull moments during the actual program.  She also was able to get the participation of all our guests for the games.  Everyone had fun, including us.  She was really appropriate and our guests really felt they belong to our wedding because of how she carried out the program and addressed them.  It was a good thing also that Missy already had experience working with my Lights and Sounds team, and with our videographer, because she was able to carry out the program according to what we have previously talked about, giving the cues to the lights and sounds supplier and giving enough time for our videographers to finish the editing of the onsite video. The program flowed smoothly on our perspective.  It was a long program but she was able to make the guests stay until we have said our acknowledgements.  Most of our guests even told us of their praises for Missy after our wedding. We were so happy how everyone enjoyed our wedding, and a big part of it was because of Missy.




Lights and Sounds - Rejectkrew
Rating: 5 - Excellent

During preps: I booked Elmer just a day before I booked Missy.  During our first and last meeting, Elmer and I talked about a lot of things regarding our wedding. I told him the mood and feel we wanted for our wedding.    After that we never met again, but fortunately for me, he answers my text messages. We saw each other at weddings where I would be a guest and they would be one of the suppliers.  The last time I saw him prior to our wedding was at sis Janice's wedding.  For Jeric, Janice's wedding was the first and last time that he met Elmer before our wedding.  I was not able to email elmer the list of songs that we wanted him to play at our wedding, or meet with him personally to discuss our special requests.  A few weeks before our wedding, Intramuros wanted me to secure a new tech rider from Elmer with reduced wattage and fewer lights, and Elmer was helpful enough to email me immediately the document I needed.  Considering that Intramuros will only provide a limited amount of electricity for the event, we opted to get a generator set so that Rejectkrew's creativity will not be hindered.
On wedding day: They arrived early at the venue. Of course we were not able to see their set-up until we arrived at the reception venue.  The moment Jeric and I saw the lights set-up, we were beyond happy.  It enhanced the already beautiful garden that we were in.  We really can't thank Rejectkrew enough for making our reception even more beautiful.  They did great especially during our entrance song that no one expected.  The transition of the songs were smooth and both Jeric and I loved the song selection he played during the reception.  He also went out of his way to download a song that I have requested to be played during the introduction of the entourage, so we really appreciated that a lot.  And the best of it all is that despite all the great things that he has already done not only to us but to their past weddings as well, they remain humble and down to earth.  That shows why they really deserved the Supplier of the Year award they received last year from W@W.






Souvenir / Photobooth - PartyPics
Rating: 5 - Excellent

During Preps: I found PartyPics by accident.  It was during an EB with sis janice, apple and che.  We accompanied sis apple to the PartyPics office where they said Ms. Nadia have set-up a photobooth for wawies to try.  There we met sis Tin who was also inquiring with PartyPics.  As I listened to their queries and the answers of Ms. Nadia, I realized how good their offer was.  So I got interested and signed a draft contract with them (because Jeric is not with me and I don't have the money for the down payment with me).  A few days after that, (and after consulting with Jeric) I deposited the reservation fee to finalized our booking with them.  I emailed them just before the holidays to send them the pictures that we wanted to be placed on the photo lay-out and the backdrop.  After the holidays, I already got the reply from them with the back-drop lay-out and photo lay-out.
On Wedding Day:  Our guests really enjoyed the photobooth.  Even the oldies got on it and had their pictures taken.  Our package with them was for 3 hours with 1 hour stop time, but we knew they did more than 3 hours of service, because our wedding lasted for more than that.  They did not leave until after Jeric and I got our photos taken at the photobooth, which was at the time everyone's leaving already and clean-up has already started.   We love PartyPics and how easy they were to deal with.




Bridal Gown - Concha Espana
Rating: 5 - Excellent

During Preps: Ms. Concha was referred to me by my officemate Atty. Grace.  I inquired from her first via email and attached a picture of my inspiration gown. She replied a few days after with 3 different quotations that were different in materials.  I found her quotations interesting so I scheduled a meeting with her.  She was the last designer I scheduled a meeting with because our schedule wouldn't match.  Finally, we met and I liked her immediately. We jived and I cannot explain why. I just had that this is it feeling with her and the design she made for me based on my gown inspiration.  On my first fitting with her, I was already amazed how well she made the bodice of my gown.  It already fitted quite well and just needed a few adjustments on the waist part.  On our final fitting, my gown was done except for the beading and the detachable straps.  By then, the gown was a perfect fit and doesn't need anymore adjustment.  I got my gown a week before our wedding and the moment I saw the finished gown with all the bead works and accessories, I got even more excited to wear it.
On Wedding Day: Ms. Concha arrived at the hotel accompanied by her mother-in-law and they brought with them the fitting form for the gown. They were the ones who assembled the fitting form, the gown and the other accessories.  They helped me dress-up and stayed with me until just before I got into the bridal car.  I really loved my gown.  It was not the most expensive gown or the most beautiful one if compared with others, but it's me! It really matched my personality and fitted perfectly my body type. I told Ms. Concha before that I wanted to feel and look like a princess on my wedding, and she did better than that, she made me feel and look like a queen!




Bridal Shoes and Bag - Veluz
Rating: 5 - Excellent

During Preps: Most of us dreamed of wearing one of Ms. V's bridal gowns.  But since I knew how much it costs and considering the budget we have, I didn't even try getting a quotation from her.  It was only after I've already booked my gown designer that I learned that Ms. V also makes custom made shoes and bag.  So I inquired, but then was turned down because their 2011 calendar was already fully booked.  I told that to Jeric in passing, and I was surprised when he said that Ms. V's parents are his parent's family friends.  (muntik ko na syang sinakal for not telling that to me earlier, nung wala pako na-book na designer!)  So to make the long story short, they talked to Ms. V's parents who agreed to ask Ms. V to squeeze me in to their 2011 calendar.  I was really happy when Jeric's parents gave me the good news that Ms. V. will accommodate me.  But that's not all that they told me, they told me the shoes and the bag will be gifted to me by Ms. V's parents!  It was beyond words how happy I was at that time and how grateful I am to Ms. V and her parents.   It was on my birthday that I had my shoe measurements taken at Ms. V's office.  Ms. V was assisting another bride at that time so it was her assistant who took my measurement.  Ms. V's staff were kind and did not treat me any different from their paying clients. I got the shoes last week of December and the bag on the first week of January.  I was really thankful to Ms. V and her parents! Because of them, my dream of wearing a Veluz creation came true and priceless.
On wedding Day:  The shoes were really comfortable. I wore them all day long and didn't even feel tired of them. (hindi ako nagrequest ever ng slippers or something flat to wear that day) It took a lot of beating from me that day as we walked, ran, jumped during the pictorial.  It got soiled all over but was still beautiful. The bag was also beautiful.  It was big enough to hold my celphone, mineral powder, facial brush, tissue, extra pair of earrings and fan.  But it was small enough as not to be too distracting.  I found the design simple but girly like me.  I love it and it really suits my personality.  I might use it again in the near future.






Entourage Gowns - Joan Acosta of Kambal's Bridal Gowns
Rating: 2 - Poor

During Preps: Of all my suppliers, they were the only source of my wedding stress. At the start, after we booked them, they came 2 hours late for our scheduled fitting.  All my entourage, including my mother who's about to go home to Davao waited  and had to leave because of prior appointments.  Even I could not wait for them because I have a class to teach that day.  I was already inclined to cancel my reservation with them, but after Ms. Joan asked us to reconsider, Jeric wanted to reconsider them.  So I did, and as I have later on learned, it was the biggest mistake I have ever made for our wedding.  I gave her the gown designs and the changes on the design as early as August. Our agreement was that all the gowns of my entourage will be delivered to me on the first week of December.  Come first week of December, she texted me asking for another week of extension, so I gave her that but told her that I really need to have the gowns by then because I still have to send my mother's gown via LBC to Davao for her to fit it because she'll arrive in Manila just a week before our wedding.  She told me she'll have it delivered to me at SM Manila by December 17, 2010 at noon, so I agreed and told them that I wont be available on any other time other than noon because I cannot go out during office hours and will be meeting with college friends for dinner.  Come December 17, Joan texted me asking another extension, that instead of noon, she said she can deliver it only by 6pm.  I told her that I cannot wait until 6pm because I already have an appointment after office in Makati, so I asked if they can make it by by 5pm because that's the time I'll be out of the office.  She said yes, and that we'll just meet them at SM manila which is just beside my office.  Guest what, they did not arrive at 5pm... they made us wait by texting 'malapit na kami' and arrived at 6pm...  Then when I checked the items a lot were missing... 1 bridesmaid gown was not made because they forgot she was my bridesmaid (because that bridesmaid was getting married a week before me and had her bridal gown made at their shop as well.)  My mother's dress is lacking the bolero I ask for them to make.  My Matron of honor and mother-in-law's gowns were totally different from the style I gave her last August.  My flower girls gowns did not follow the color I have chosen, she made them in white instead of light pink.  The bridesmaids gown, in the exterior looks nice and quite similar to the style I gave her, but the measurements were all messed-up! When I had my bridesmaids try their gowns, most are too large for them. In some of them, the breast pads were too high.  Thankfully my bridesmaids were all understanding, so they took on the task of having their dresses altered.
On Wedding Day:  Thankfully, with the alterations made on my Entourage gowns and the DIY accessories I gave them, they all looked stunning on our wedding day.  Thinking about what Joan did to my entourage gowns gives me a migraine.  The only reason I did not give them the lowest possible rating is because my flower girls gowns turned out to be beautiful and made may nieces look like princesses on our wedding.




Hair and Make-up - Brenda Belgica / Aiko of Salon De Mayo
Rating:  Brenda - 5 - Excellent
            Aiko     - 4 - Very Satisfactory

During Preps: Brenda was my trusted hair and make-up artist since college.  He did my make-up in every milestone in my life except for my debut because I haven't met him yet at that time.  He really knows how to bring out the glow in me.  I have gifted his services several times already to friends who got married in the past. He did my make-up in both of my prenups and I have loved those looks.  He even allowed me to borrow his 2 assistants as my personal assistants for our location prenup.  Unfortunately, a few weeks before our wedding, he passed away due to cardiac arrest. I was really sad with what had happened considering that he is not just my make-up artist but my friend as well.  But then I have to move on and find another make-up artist. That's when I learned of Aiko from sis Fei and Libz. I immediately scheduled a trial make-up with him and we liked it so I booked him.
On Wedding Day: He arrived on time and started working right away on my mother.  I liked that he did not put on heavy make-up on me. He was also able to imitate the hairstyle that I have sent him via MMS.  All in all I was very satisfied with his service.


By Brenda Belgica

By Brenda Belgica

Aiko of Salon De Mayo

Church and Entourage Flowers - Everlasting Flower Shop, Dangwa
Rating: 5 - Excellent

During preps: I learned of Jeff of Everlasting Flower Shop thru Sis Ellen Celis.  We went to his shop at Dangwa and asked for quotation. I am not picky with flowers, I just want something that would look beautiful on our church isle.  Our church doesn't charge any fee for weddings but of course it will be up to us to decorate it, that is why we really needed church flowers.  When we met with Jeff, he was kind and accommodating. We showed him our inspiration look for the church and he immediately showed us the possible flowers that he can use for it.  He also gave us suggestions regarding the kind of flowers ideal for  the entourage.  Since I already have plans of making DIY Clutch bags for the bridesmaids and the baskets for the flower girls, I only ordered from him My Bridal bouquet, MOH mini bouquet, wrist corsage for the mothers and female principal sponsors and boutonnieres of the male entourage and the groom.  As for the church flowers, I requested for all pot arrangements as I do not want to over-decorate the church.  Kuya Jeff was really easy to deal with. He too would always reply to my text messages.  He even advised us to buy our own tulle for the isle arrangement so that we can save money instead of buying it from him.  He promised that he will make us a beautiful arrangement for our church flowers.
On Wedding Day: He delivered my bouquet and entourage flowers at the Hotel at 8:30am, then went straight to the church to do the arrangement.  He called me after they were finished putting the flowers in the church, which I really appreciated.  I wasn't able to see his arrangement until before I walked down the isle.  His arrangement was very similar to the inspiration arrangement I showed him.  It added more beauty and glow to the already beautiful structure of our church.  Jeric and I really loved what he did with our church flowers.  As for my bouquet, I really really love it too! It was very heavy because of the volume of flowers he put on it.  And what I love the most about it is its color! I requested a fuchsia pink bouquet and that's what I got.  The shade of pink of my bouquet really matched shade of pink we have used for our motif.  Even the mini bouquet, wrist corsages and boutonnieres were all nice. They were as simple as we wanted them to be.   With the price we have paid for the flowers, we think kuya Jeff gave us more!












Rings - Mayfair Jewelries
Rating: 5 - Excellent

During Preps:  I've learned of Mayfair at w@w.  We really don't want to spend a fortune on wedding rings since we only wanted a simple ring.  All we wanted was a white gold, rounded cut, matte finish ring.  No diamonds, no two-tones.  We wanted it really simple.  The people in Mayfair were really helpful. They showed us samples and allowed us to try other rings and gave us a good quotation on the ring style that we wanted.  It is worthy of mentioning that Jeric's ring size was bigger than the largest measuring ring that they have. So we really believed we got a good deal with them for our rings.  About a week after they took our measurements, our rings were finished. The rings looked really simple and beautiful. It's weight was just enough for its style and size.




Hotel Preps Venue - Century Park Hotel
Rating: 4 - Very Satisfactory

During Preps:  We initially booked two separate hotels for our preps. Century Park for me and Orchid Garden Suites for Jeric, since these two hotels are facing each other.  However, about a few weeks before our wedding, we decided to book Jeric as well with Century Park so we will be on the same hotel.  Century Park also played an important role in our love story.  Jeric and I also shared many sweet moments there when he used to visit me there during the time I was taking the Bar Exams.  It was the main reason we decided to have our preps there.  It was easy to book with them since you dont need to pay right away.  Although we opted to pay the full amount when we booked with them so that we'll be protected from any price increase that they may impose at the start of the year.  They also accommodated my request with respect to the type of room I wanted to have when we check-in and they noted the same on my booking.
On Wedding Day:  It was just unfortunate that on the same floor where my room is at, there was an arab family also staying who can't keep their door closed, that the scent of their food (and something else) smelled all through out our floor.  Other than that, everthing else was fine.  I  love the old style of my room and the corridors. It brought back memories of me and Jeric during my bar exams.  The bell service were prompt and really helpful.


Groom's Tux - Onesimus
Rating: 5 - Excellent

During Preps:  We decided to have Jeric's tux made at Onesimus because we wanted his suit to be maid by someone who really knows how to make suits.  We bought our own fabric and paid Onesimus for the labor only service.  Surprisingly, it was not as expensive as we have expected it to be.  I've inquired with other tailors who offered more expensive service.  Since Onesimus is known for their suits and barongs, we thought that it would be more safer and convenient to have Jeric's tux made there.  They were pretty fast. We got Jeric's tux in just 2 weeks, and Jeric loved it a lot.  The craftsmanship was superb!
On Wedding Day: Everybody was complimenting how Jeric looked slimmer in his tux.  His tux fits him properly and brought out his asset, which is his height, and thus he looked slimmer... and of course, even more handsome.




Groom's Shoes - Besa's
Rating: 5 - Excellent

During Preps: Originally, Jeric planned to just buy a ready-to-wear shoes from shoe boutiques that would have his size.  His shoe size was really big that his shoe choices are actually limited.  Then we came across Besa's one evening when we met at glorietta, and decided to just have his shoes custom made.  He searched for a shoe design he likes and gave it to Besa's.  About 2 weeks after his measurements were taken, he had his shoe fitting.  Then about a week after his fitting the shoes were done and ready for pick-up.  Jeric loves his shoes so much that he now wears it to office.  He said it was so comfortable and, since it is custom made, it fits him perfectly.




Tents - Tent World Services
Rating: 4 - Very Satisfied

During Preps: Initially it was only Jeric who wanted to get tents for the wedding because I don't want the nice view of the whole garden blocked.  Halfway through our preparations, I compromised with Jeric. I agreed to get tents for the reception but only if they will be clear tents.  The only supplier I learned from w@w that has clear tents is Tent World.  But then, we could not decide right away whether to push through with booking them since the clear tents were quite expensive.  We decided to book with them only a month before our wedding. Luckily, there were still available clear tents for our date.  They were also kind enough to allow us to book with them through phone only and to just pay for the tents on the day itself.  We really appreciated that considering the time constraints we had at that time.
On Wedding Day: They arrived at 8am on the venue, although our set-up time would start 1pm.  The only comment I've heard from my friends who coordinated our wedding is that there were only a few persons during the set-up of the tent thus they were quite slow.  Nonetheless, when we arrived at the venue, everything was in place and the tent area was so gorgeous.  Jeric and I really thought it was all worth it! and although we had a perfectly clear sky that day, we still believe we made a good decision in getting those tents.




Lechon - Jun and Jun's Cebu Lechon Plaza Inc.
Rating: 5 - Excellent

During Preps: It was Jeric who wanted to add cebu lechon to our menu.  He liked the cebu lechon we ate in one of our visits to Tiendesitas, so on the last week of December we went there again and ordered the lechon for our wedding.  They were easy to talk to. We just left them the date, time and place of delivery and paid a minimal down-payment.
On Wedding Day: I was so happy to see it served to us and to our guests.  In fact, it was served earlier to the principal sponsors who did not know that they can eat the packed treats on their table while they were waiting for us.


Generator set - Rosh Media Solutions
Rating: 5 - Excellent

During Preps: It was only after I settled our account with Intramuros Administration that I saw the need to get a generator set for our wedding.  I called every listing under generators in the W@W directory.  It was Rosh Media Solutions that gave us a good deal.  We booked them via phone only a week before our wedding.
On Wedding Day: We had encountered no problem with them. They arrived on time at the venue.  It was a good thing that we got them because our lights and sounds supplier was able set-up the lights and sounds that they needed without worrying about the electricity limitations of Intramuros.


OTD - Liberty Palomo-Quiambao, Janice Montalban-Arandia, Fei Marasigan-Ocampo, Shyanne Juan-Monera and Nadine Amagna-Guzman
Rating: 5 - Excellent

During Preps:  These people are my good friends who always reminded me of what my tasks are. It was always me who forgets them.  About a month prior to our wedding they were already asking me to turn-over to them my wedding thingies and contracts, again, I was the one who forgot to do that.  Still they helped me in following-up and confirming with suppliers.  They also suggested to me games and other things that will make our wedding more fun. Janice and Libz also made our table numbers and place cards for the Principal Sponsors.
On wedding day: I was able to turn over to them the contracts and wedding thingies only on the day of our wedding.  I know they did a lot of things that day. I have also subjected them to a lot of stress because of my stubbornness.  That's why I'm so thankful to them for agreeing to do all those things for us without asking anything in return.  They managed to keep our wedding organized and stress-free for me and Jeric.  If there's one thing that I've learn from our wedding, it's how true my friends are, and for that I feel that I'm the luckiest girl in the world for having them as my friends.


With Sis Fei at MOA after one of our Divi Trips

Sis Libz at the hotel preps

Shy and Nadine, at the hotel watching me get dressed

Sis Janice during one of our EBs

No comments:

Post a Comment