Today is exactly one month before our big day... while I am still grieving for the demise of my friend Brenda, I do realize that I must move on with the preps and not let his death set me back... I'm sure he would have wanted to see me glowing on my day although he wont be the one who will style me...
Anyway, to push aside the gloominess I am feeling right now, here's an update of my recent accomplishments.
Hair and Make-up - Since I'm back to square one with this one, I've set a trial make-up session with Aiko of Salon De Mayo. He was kind and also really accommodating just like brenda... I think he did well with our trial session all who saw the outcome complimented me. I think I'm on 75% of getting him already. I'll just have to think about it more.
Invites - my DIY invites are almost finished. Though I have already distributed half of it to Jeric's side, the other half, for my side, are still being completed and distributed at this moment. I hope to finish it before this week ends so I can start confirming RSVPs.
Tent - I have already booked our clear tents from New Tent World services. I was relieved to know that it was not as expensive as was previously quoted to me thru email. They also said that if we're not able to use it at all, we will only be charge for 60% of the total rental price. Not a bad deal.
Father's suit - well, despite my insistence to get a new suit, Jeric's father doesn't want to get a new suit, so he will be renting a suit for himself to on our wedding day. As for my dad, I insisted that he get a new suit and he agreed. We were supposed to buy him a ready-made suit but when I brought him to Robinson's to look for suits, he did not like the fit of a ready-made suit, so we decided to just have one tailored for him. His suit was tailored at Ilaya Divisoria by Sherly's Bridal Shop. I got his suit yesterday and would bring it to my dad on the weekend. I really hope it fits him perfectly so we wont return to Divi anymore.
Groom's Tux - Jeric wanted a Tuxedo style suit. Considering his body built, we really have to get it custom made for him. plus, of course, he's the groom, he has every right too, to be particular with his attire and all. So anyway, knowing that Jeric hates going to divi, the Divi tailor was really out of the question, so I decided that for his convenience, we'll have his tux custom made at Onesimus instead. again, it is his wedding too and he also deserves to wear the best that we can afford. Anyway, we got Jeric's suit yesterday and I'm happy that he loves his suit! I can't wait to see him waiting for me at the end of the isle.
Programs - First week of December, I had a meeting with my emcee Missy for brainstorming regarding our wedding reception program. She was so helpful and and she did understand the requirements for the program on our reception. We will have our final meeting on the first week of January when all are settled and fixed already.
OTD - I was really thankful that I was blessed with a lot of good friends. My Ateneo Human Right Center friend Atty. Shyanne Juan Monera and my Weddings at Work friend Liberty Palomo-Quiambao both agreed to be my OTD. Of course with the help of my One-Pact brothers and sisters and my W@W sisters. I am confident that they will make our wedding really special. Thanks to all of them in advance!
No comments:
Post a Comment